Monitoring and optimization operations of the passive house with energy gain Cordierstraße 4
The ABG FRANKFURT HOLDING erected a passive house with energy gain (net plus energy house) in Frankfurt in cooperation with the architectural bureau faktor10. IWU was responsible for scientific support and now carries out the scientific monitoring and concepts for optimizing operations.
With the scientific monitoring a comparison between calculated energy demand and actual energy consumption will be made. Additionally, the mode of operation of the systems engineering and control will be proved and optimized during a two year monitoring program. The questions to be answered by the monitoring are:
- Does the building reach the calculated energy demand for heating, domestic hot water and electricity?
- Does the building reach the calculated energy production?
- How do the thermal solar system, the co-generation and the photovoltaic work together with the thermal and electrical storage?
- Is there a need for optimization in the different controls?
- How is the electrical grid affected by the combination of pv and co-generation?
In order to answer these questions all main energy flows like heat, domestic hot water, electricity as well as temperatures, humidity and climate conditions are measured and stored over 2 years. IWU will evaluate the results and develop recommendations for optimization.
Feb. 2013 til July 2016
Tel. 06151 2904-47,
Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Bauen und Stadtentwicklung zusammen mit
ABG FRANKFURT HOLDING Wohnungsbau- und Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH